The Japan Foundations, through the Office of Asian and Pacific Affairs Department of Foreign Affairs (ASPAC-DFA), is accepting nominations for the 2017 Japan Foundations Awards.
The Japan Foundation Award is intended to honor individuals or organizations that have significantly contributed to the promotion of international mutual understanding and friendship through their academic, artistic, or cultural activities over the years.
Candidates must be an individual person or organization established inside or outside of Japan, and must be thoroughly involved in the following fields that represent the core activities of the Japan Foundation:
- Arts and Cultural Exchange
- Japanese-Language Education Overseas
- Japanese Studies and Intellectual Exchange
- Related interdisciplinary manner
A total of five (5) nominations may be sent by each nominator. Self nominations (including nominations of an organization or head of an organization to which the nominator belongs) will NOT be considered. Nominations must be submitted on or before 22 February 2017.
Recipients of the award will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Accomplishments - the recipient must have outstanding contributions to the promotion of international mutual understanding and friendship inside or outside of Japan over the years
- Continuity and Potential - recipients are expected to continue their activities and further promote and contribute to international culture and exchange.
- Pervasiveness - Results of the recipients activities must benefit as many people , not only a determined region or organization.
Three recipients (in principle) may receive the award, and will be each be given a certificate and 3,000,000 Japanese Yen.
Accomplished forms may be sent to the email address above, or to:
Fax: (+81) 3-5369-6044
Secretariat of the Japan Foundation Awards
c/o Communication Center, The Japan Foundation
4-4-1 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0004, Japan