The National Academy of Science & Technology calls for papers for the Scientific Poster Session during the 36th Annual Scientific Meeting on 9-10 July 2014.
Papers for the Scientific Posters Session on Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Biological Sciences, Chemical, Mathematical, and Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences & Technology, and Social Sciences are invited. The maximum number of posters to be presented by an author shall be limited to three (3) posters only, i.e. ONE (1) as MAJOR AUTHOR and TWO (2) as CO-AUTHOR. The papers must be (a) original or have not been presented in any other forum, events or competition, (b) minimum of undergraduate thesis, no highschool science projects or class laboratory experiments, and (c) no preliminary data. The author should provide a certification of originality for each entry.
- Typewritten in a 6” x 9” paper size with margins : Top & Bottom= 1”; Right & Left= .075”
- Font type: Times New Roman
- Title: Centered, bold upper & lower case, font size: 12
- Author(s): Centered, bold upper & lower case, font size: 11; authors should use first full names; underline presenting author; indicate with asterisk the corresponding author, and use bold face for the main/major author.
- Affiliation & address: Centered, bold upper & lower case, font size: 10; if authors come from different institutions indicate with superscripts respective affiliations. Address should be sufficient to enable interested parties to contact authors; including telephone, fax, and email.
- Abstract body: justified, font size 11
- Keywords: justified in lower case
- Submit file in word format (1997-2003 version)
Guidelines in preparing extended abstracts
- Abstract should fit in one page only.
- The introduction should give scope and purpose and should be 2-3 short sentences only.
- Describe experimental approach briefly.
- Give highlights of results; be quantitative, if possible or as the nature of the paper permits.
- Uncommon acronyms should be spelled out the first time they are used; if several acronyms are used, list them with their meanings at the end of the abstract.
- Give major conclusions.
- Provide at least five keywords
- Do not list references in abstract text or body
Abstracts, which do not follow above format/guidelines, will be returned automatically to authors.
Please check NAST website (www.nast.ph) for updates on the guidelines and for the list of abstracts received for screening/evaluation. Authors of accepted/rejected abstracts will be notified via email starting 05 May 2014 and will be given further instructions on poster presentation. Please note that traditional poster shall be standard entries to the 36th Annual Scientific Poster Session.