The Department of Science and Technology- Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the DOST-PCHRD – Undergraduate Thesis Grant on Natural Products.
The search is open to all undergraduate students of Colleges of Pharmacy, Chemistry, Nursing, and Health and Sciences who have thesis proposals on natural products for the current school year.
Deadline of submission of nominations is on May 25, 2018. A thesis grant amounting to Fifty thousand Pesos (50,000.00) will be given to two (2) thesis proposals in the region.
A Memorandum of Agreement will be signed between the students, adviser, head of the institution, and DOST-PCHRD. The thesis fund will be deposited to the bank account of the thesis adviser and will be liquidated with corresponding receipts after completion of the study. The grant must be expended based on the approved line-item budget.
After completion of the study, six (6) finalists will be chosen to present their research during the Philippine National Health Research Systems (PNHRS) week celebration.
Three (3) winners will be selected from the six finalists and will receive cash prizes; Thirty Thousand Pesos (30,000.00) for the first prize, Twenty-Two Thousand Pesos (22,000.00) for the second prize, and Fifteen Thousand Pesos (15,000.00) for the third prize winner.
Researches will be judged using the following criteria:
- Technical Merit
- Objectives are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time bound;
- The study designs support the objectives; and
- The study sample and methodology are appropriate.
- Data Management
- The plan for data collection is clearly described;
- Quality control procedures for data collection are in place; and
- Statistical Analysis is well described.
- Relevance/ Significance
- The study addresses an important health problem; and
- The study contributes to the advancement of scientific knowledge.
- Proponent/ institution’s capacity
- The investigators are qualified and appropriately trained to carry out the study;
- The proposed study is appropriate to the experience level of the investigator; and
- The implementing institution is capable of carrying out the proposed study.